Ipswich, a new chapter is about to begin …
Come and join us
On Saturday 28 November 2020, stage two of the new Nicholas Street Precinct will be revealed, with the official opening of Tulmur Place, your new civic plaza, as well as the Handmade Expo Markets.
This is the first of many exciting, community events you can expect to see in your Nicholas Street Precinct.
The switch will also be flicked on the fun new water play zone – the perfect way to entertain your kids in the shade throughout our long, hot summer.
The following Saturday 5 December, Nicholas Street will welcome back the Future Flavours Food Fair food truck event, with live, family-friendly entertainment all night.
The new Ipswich Central Library will officially open its doors to the public on Monday 7 December.
And this is just the beginning!
The Ipswich City Council Nicholas Street Precinct team has been working hard on a program of family-friendly events to keep little ones, and big ones, entertained each and every day between Saturday 28 November and Sunday 20 December 2020.
Watch this space for the full events calendar, to be launched very soon!
Will you join us?
The team has been busy planning the first seven months of festivals, events, activities, concerts and expos for the precinct, with the local community at the heart of each and every initiative.
We want to show you just how fabulous your Nicholas Street Precinct is going to be, and how quickly it will become your favourite place to visit in the city.
But for this, we need your help.
We’re looking for local businesses and residents to help us to activate the precinct. After all, it’s your Nicholas Street!
- An event or market organiser looking for a fabulous new venue?
- A not-for-profit with a crazy fundraising idea you’d like to get off the ground?
- A commercial business searching for somewhere unique to launch a new product or service?
- A farmers’ market keen to expand your current business?
- A busker or local entertainer who would appreciate the opportunity to perform on the Tulmur Place stage?
- A festival or concert operator who’d love to bring your offering or artist/s to Ipswich?
- A personal trainer or fitness instructor looking for a fabulous outdoors venue?
- A community group who could use the space to share your vision with the city?
- A sporting event after a high-profile start or finish location for your race?
- An expo or show keen to secure an outdoor venue?
The opportunities are endless, and we’d love to hear your ideas!
In early 2021, we will open up a ‘register your interest’ process, with limited bookable spaces also available for some commercial activities and personal training etc. All will be revealed soon.
For now, all you have to do is use the CONTACT US form below and one of our team will come back to you. Let’s chat!