Over the next two decades, Ipswich is set to become one of the most exciting economic growth zones Australia.
Ipswich’s retail trade is set to benefit significantly from both the city’s rapidly expanding population and from state and federal government investment in major projects, as well as growth across the technology and infrastructure sectors.
a. Government and Defence
· RAAF Base Amberley will create 2,800 jobs to 2020
· $5 billion contract to build army reconnaissance vehicles will create more than 330 permanent local jobs
· $124 million funding package announced for the expansion of the Ipswich Medical Precinct
· Construction due to commence in 2020
· Smart Digital City services will bring $470 million into the Ipswich economy over the next decade
· Received National Award for Innovation Management Initiatives in 2017
· Launched digital innovation and start-up hub – Fire Station 101 – in 2016
· Named in the world’s Top 7 most Intelligent Communities by the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) in 2015
· Planned high-frequency passenger transport corridor from Ipswich to Springfield
· Planned high-frequency passenger transport service taking in Yamanto-Ipswich-Redbank Plains-Springfield
· Planned Southern/Inland Rail Freight Corridor and Western Ipswich Bypass
· Suggested freight link between Cunningham Highway and Logan Motorway